Are you in a rush and need a quick dish? you will enjoy this recipe for sure.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 g spaghetti or Linguine
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves Garlic
- 1 Red chilli de seeded and finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Fragata Capers rinsed and drained
- 8 canned Anchovies in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 100 g pitted Fragata Black Olives chopped
- 500 gr of passata (or tin of tomatoes)
- basil leaf shredded
Add chopped garlic and anchovies to the oil and fry for roughly 2 minutes on a medium heat, stir occasionally making sure not to burn the garlic
Add in the chilli, capers and olives and keep cooking for a 3 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
Add the passata, stir well and simmer for 10/15 minutes without the lid.
After 15 minute the sauce is ready… season more if needed.
Remove from the heat.
In a large saucepan, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until “al dente”. (To get the “al dente” perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less then the instructions on the packet).
Once the pasta is cooked, drain it. Pour over the puttanesca sauce and stir all together. At the end add some basil leaf shredded.
Thanks Mammawearsprada for this classic italian recipe!